Very easy to make but very delicious. Use the sweet sour dressing uploaded by the same user. I recently made it using a bagged lettuce combo of iceberg, romaine, and butter lettuce. Cut out all the work of tearing lettuce. This has been a family favorite for years!
Community Recipe from
- 1/4 cup(s) almonds sliced
- 1 tablespoon(s) sugar
- 1 teaspoon(s) sugar
- 1/4 head(s) lettuce, Iceberg torn into bite-size pieces
- 1/4 head(s) lettuce, Romaine torn into bite-size pieces
- 2 stalk(s) celery chopped, about 1 cup
- 2 green onions, with tops thinly sliced, about 2 tablespoons
- 1 can(s) (11-oz.) mandarin orange segments drained
- Sweet-Sour Dressing
- Cook almonds and both sugars over low heat, stirring constantly, until sugar is melted and almonds are coated. Set aside on a sheet of waxed paper. Cool and break apart. Store at room temperature.
- Place lettuce in salad bowl; add celery and onions. Pour Sweet-Sour Dressing into bowl; and add orange segments. Toss until salad greens and orange segments are well coated. Add almonds and toss again.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by robinarroyave and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Mandarin Salad Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Salads