Mac & Cheese Spinach Muffins
Community Recipe from
- 4 cup(s) cooked macaroni
- 1 tablespoon(s) butter
- 1 tablespoon(s) flour
- 1 cup(s) skim milk
- 1 clove(s) garlic, minced
- 3 ounce(s) sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3 ounce(s) Gruyere cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 10 ounce(s) fresh cooked spinach
- Salt & Pepper
- 1. Pre-heat the oven to 400. Lightly mist a 12-cup muffin tin with cooking spray and set aside.
- 2. In a small sauce pot, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the flour, mixing it into the butter until thick. Stir in the milk and garlic and raise the temp to bring the mixture to just under a boil. Add the cheese and whisk mixture together until thoroughly combined into a cheese sauce.
- 3. Remove the cheese sauce from heat and then mix in the egg and egg white (binding agents) until combined.
- 4. In a large bowl, combine the pasta, spinach, cheese sauce, salt and pepper and mix together. Spoon the mixture evenly into the cups of your prepared muffin tin.
- 5. Bake for 10-15 minutes until the tops slightly brown. Let cool 5 minutes before removing from muffin tin.
- Yields 12 muffins. Weight Watchers Points Plus: 4 per muffin (P+ calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com)
- Nutrition Information per serving from myfitnesspal.com: 149 calories, 15 g carbs, 6 g fat, 9 g protein, 2 g fiber
This recipe is a personal recipe added by ktbanks2006 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Mac & Cheese Spinach Muffins Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes