Rest: 5 Minutes
- 3 tablespoon(s) butter or olive oil
- 1 cup(s) Chicken broth
- 2 whole(s) Cornish Game Hens
- 10 sprig(s) Fresh rosemary
- 3 head(s) Garlic
- 1 whole(s) Lemon
- Salt and pepper
- 2 cup(s) White wine
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- Rub hens with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil and/or butter. Cut slits in skin and stuff with chunks of garlic, bits of rosemary and butter. Lightly season hens with salt and pepper.
- Place 1 lemon wedge and 1 sprig rosemary in cavity of each hen. Arrange in a large, heavy roasting pan on rack.
- Roast in preheated oven for 25 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Add garlic cloves to the roasting pan.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together wine, chicken broth, and remaining 2 tablespoons of oil; pour over hens. Continue roasting about 25 minutes longer, or until hens are golden brown and juices run clear. Baste with pan juices every 10 minutes.
- Transfer hens to a platter, pouring any cavity juices into the roasting pan. Tent hens with aluminum foil to keep warm. Transfer pan juices and garlic cloves to a medium saucepan and boil until liquids reduce to a sauce consistency, about 6 minutes.
- Cut hens in half lengthwise and arrange on plates. Spoon sauce and garlic around hens. Garnish with rosemary sprigs, and serve.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Oddity123 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note