Linguine with Spinach, Arugula and Lemon Parmesan Cream
- 2 cup(s) organic half-and-half
- 2 lemon zest grated
- .5 cup(s) parmesan cheese shredded
- 12 ounce(s) linguine fresh
- 2 tablespoon(s) butter
- .25 cup(s) shallots finely chopped
- 6 cup(s) fresh spinach leaves stems removed
- 2 cup(s) arugula coarsely chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1. Combine half & half and lemon zest in a saucepan. Heat over medium-high flame until the cream has reduced to about 1 1/2 cups. Turn off heat. Whisk in the Parmesan a little at a time. Keep sauce warm.
- 2. While sauce is reducing, bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Add linguine and cook until barely tender.
- 3. Meanwhile, heat butter in a large skillet over medium flame. Add shallots and cook, stirring often, until tender, about 5 minutes. Raise heat to medium-high and add spinach and arugula. Cook briefly, stirring often, until wilted. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 4. When linguine is done, drain it then toss it with the sauce and greens. Serve pronto.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by juliecook1 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note