Lemony Grilled Lamb Kebabs and Vegetables
Kebabs are an easy, no-fuss way to serve a hungry crowd in minutes—cutting the meat into small pieces allows it to cook quickly and uniformly. Make it a meal: Serve the skewers with orzo tossed with olive oil, chopped parsley, and grated Parmesan. Recipe by Kate Merker: June, 2010 from the Real Simple website: http://www.realsimple.com/food-recipes/browse-all-recipes/lemony-grilled-lamb-kebabs-recipe-00000000034993/index.html
- 3 1/2 pound(s) lamb top round or boneless leg, cut into 1 1xE2x81x842-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 teaspoon(s) dried oregano
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 4 bell peppers, seeded and cut into 2-inch-wide strips
- 2 medium red onions, each cut into 6 wedges (root ends left intact)
- 1/3 cup(s) fresh lemon juice, plus lemon wedges for serving
- 1. Soak 16 wooden skewers in water. Heat grill to medium-high.
- 2. Thread the lamb onto the skewers. Brush with 1 tablespoon of the oil and season with the oregano, 1 teaspoon salt, and ½ teaspoon pepper.
- 3. In a large bowl, toss the bell peppers and onions with the remaining 2 tablespoons oil, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- 4. Grill the lamb and vegetables, turning frequently and brushing with the lemon juice, until the lamb is medium-rare and the vegetables are tender, 8 to 10 minutes.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note