Lemony Almond Macaroons - Real Simple
Community Recipe from
- 14 ounce(s) package sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup(s) sliced almonds
- 3/4 cup(s) sugar
- 1 teaspoon(s) grated lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) kosher salt
- 4 large egg whites
- 1. Heat oven to 325 degrees. In a large bowl, combine the coconut, almonds, sugar, lemon zest, and salt. Mix in the egg whites.
- 2. Drop mounds of the mixture (each equal to 2 tablespoons) onto 2 parchment lined baking sheets, spacing them 1 1/2 inches apart.
- 3. Bake, switching the baking sheets halfway through, until the edges begin to brown, 20-25 minutes. Cool slightly on baking sheets, then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
- 4. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by kateseats59 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Lemony Almond Macaroons - Real Simple Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Cookies