Lemon Garlic Shrimp and Grits
- 3/4 cup instant grits
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 1/4 lbs medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- pinch of cayenne pepper, optional
- juice of 1/2 lemon, plus wedges for serving
- 2 Tbsp roughly chopped fresh parsley
- 1. Bring 3 cups of water to a boil over high heat, uncovered. Uncover and slowly whisk in the grits, 1 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper. Reduce the heat to medium low and cook, stirring occasionally, until thickened, about 5 min. Stir in the parmesan and 1 Tbsp butter. Remove from the heat and season with salt and pepper. Cover to keep warm.
- 2. Meanwhile, season the shrimp with salt and pepper. Melt the remaining 2 Tbsp butter in a large skilled over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp, garlic and cayenne, and cook, tossing, until the shrimp are pink, 3-4 min. Remove from heat and add 2 Tbsp water, the lemon juice and parsley; stir to coat the shrimp with the sauce and season with salt and pepper.
- 3. Divide the grits and top with shrimp and sauce. Serve with lemon wedges
This recipe is a personal recipe added by lkdiaz and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note