Lemon Cream Pie
Chill: 2 Hours
- 9 ounce(s) gingersnaps (about 35)
- 6 tablespoon(s) unsalted butter melted
- 2 tablespoon(s) granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon(s) kosher salt divided
- 2 Large eggs
- 14 oz. can(s) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon(s) lemon zest finely grated
- 1/2 cup(s) lemon juice
- 1 cup(s) heavy cream
- 2 tablespoon(s) confectioner's sugar
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Process gingersnaps in food processor to fine crumbs. Ass butter, granulated sugar, and 1/2 tsp. of salt. Pulse until moistened. Press mixture into bottom and up sides of 9-inch pie plate, using a straight-sided measuring cup to help.
- Place on rimmed baking sheet and bake until edges are dry and set, about 16-18 minutes. (Note: bottom will still appear soft and moist, but will become firmer as it cools. This is a crunchy cookie crust, not soft graham cracker-type crust.) Let cool.
- In med. bowl, whisk together eggs, condensed ,ilk, lemon zest and juice and remaining 1/2 tsp. salt. Pour into crust and bake until set in the center, about 18-20 min. Let cool and then refrigerate until firm, at least 2 hours.
- Before serving, whip cream and confectioner's sugar with electric mixer on medium until soft peaks form, 2-3 minutes. Serve with pie.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by CLdiva and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note