Lemon Blueberry Cake
Community Recipe from
- 3/4 cup(s) butter room temp
- 1-2/3 cup(s) sugar
- 4 eggs room temp
- 2 teaspoon(s) vanilla
- 2-1/2 cup(s) flour
- 2-1/2 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 cup(s) milk
- Preheat oven to 350. Butter 2 - 9" round cake pans. Beat butter and sugar til light and fluffy. Add eggs one at time. Beat in vanilla. Stir together dry ingredients in a medium bowl. With mixer running, add 1/3 of dry mix alternately with milk, mixing well after each addition. Spread into prepared pans and bake for 25 to 30 min. Test for doneness with toothpick. Cool before removing from pans.
- Prepare Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 1 - 8 oz. block of cream cheese (room temp), 1/4 cup butter (room temp), 1/4 cup prepared lemon curd, 1 Tb. fresh lemon juice, finely grated zest of 1 lemon (optional), 5 cups of powdered sugar. Beat first 5 ingredients until light and fluffy. Slowly beat in powdered sugar until smooth.
- Spread a layer of frosting over one cake layer then spread with thickened Blueberry sauce.
- Thickened blueberry sauce:
- 1 - 6 oz tray of fresh blueberries, rinsed. Place in small saucepan. Add about 1/4 c. sugar. Cover and cook over low heat, stirring occasionally until berries are soft (about 5 min.). Remove from heat and mash berries with a potato masher. Add about 2 tsp.of cornstarch or arrowroot powder. Return to low heat, cook and stir until thickened. Remove from heat. Stir in 1/2 tsp. fresh lemon juice. Cool. Spread over frosted cake layer.
- Top frosted, berried cake layer with second cake layer. Spread remaining frosting over top and sides of entire cake. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Gaylee and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note