Lemon Baked Haddock with Baby Potatoes
Community Recipe from
- 1 pound(s) small white potatoes
- 4 - 6 (4 ounce) fillets of haddock or cod
- 1/2 cup(s) butter, plus 1-2 tablespoon extra for the potatoes
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 teaspoon(s) ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) dried parsley
- 3 clove(s) garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon(s) lemon pepper
- Prepare the potatoes by scrubbing them.
- Put the potatoes in a pot and put just put enough water to cover them, bring the heat up to boiling and cook for about 20-25 minutes.
- *Longer or shorter time to boil depending on the size of the potato. Poke the potato with a knife and if it goes all the way in the potatoes are cooked.
- Do not over cook them as you don't want them to be mushy.
- Drain the water off. Move the parboiled potatoes into a buttered oven proof dish.
- Use a spatula to gently mix them a little to get the butter onto the potatoes.
- Put the potatoes into the preheated oven at the same time as you put the fish in.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Mix in lemon juice, salt, pepper, parsley flakes and garlic and bring to a boil.
- Cook and stir for about 10 minutes until thickened.
- Arrange the fish filets in a single layer in a baking dish that is just big enough for the fish to fill the bottom.
- Cover with 1/2 the butter mixture, and sprinkle with lemon pepper. Cover with foil.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes in the preheated oven until the fish is easily flaked with a fork.
- Pour the remaining butter mixture over the fish to serve.
- If you are serving broccoli with the meal, when the fish and potatoes are about 10 minutes away from being done, put your broccoli into a pot with just enough water to cover the broccoli, put on a lid, bring to a boil and cook for 8-10 minutes so the broccoli is nice and firm
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note