Layered Lemon Cream Tart
Chill Time: 3 Hours
- 1 1/2 cup(s) rolled oats
- 1/4 cup(s) blanched unsalted almonds
- 1/3 cup(s) unsweetenened apple butter
- 1/4 cup(s) unsalted almond butter
- 1 pinch(s) sea salt
- 2 vanilla bean
- 1/2 cup(s) egg whites
- 1/4 cup(s) fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup(s) strained low-fat plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup(s) raw honey
- 8 ounce(s) low-fat cream cheese
- 1/3 cup(s) strained low-fat plain yogurt
- 1 large lemon juiced, zested, divided
- 1/4 cup(s) raw honey
- 1 cup(s) fresh blueberries and/or blackberries
- 2 pint(s) fresh raspberries
- 3 tablespoon(s) raw honey
- 1 tablespoon(s) fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350F. Linea baking tray with parchment paper. Arrange oats and almonds on baking sheet in a single layer. Place into oven and bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool to room temperature. In a food processor, combine toasted oats and almonds, apple butter, almond butter and salt. Puree until almost smooth and sticky. Press crust mixture evenly into the bottom of springform pan. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Baked Lemon Layer:
- Split first vanilla bean in half lengthwise. Using the dull side of a small knife, scrape inside the pod to remove seeds. Place seeds into a small mixing bowl, discarding pod. Add egg whites, lemon juice, 1/4 cup of yogurt and honey and whisk until combined. Once crust has set, pour mixture into crust and bake at 350F for 25 minutes, until golden brown on top and egg mixture is cooked completely and firm. Remove from oven and let cool to room temperature. Cover and refrigerate until cooled completely, about 30 minutes.
- Lemon Cream Layer:
- Split second vanilla bean in half lengthwise. Using the dull side of a small knife, scrape inside the pod to remove seeds. Place seeds into the bowl of a food processor, discarding the pod. Add cream cheese, 1/3 cup yogurt, lemon juice and honey to food processor and pulse until combined and smooth. Add lemon zest and pulse again to mix thoroughly.
- Raspberry Coulis:
- Combine raspberries, honey and lemon juice in a food processor. Strain through a fine mesh strainer, if desired, and refrigerate until needed.
- Once crust and first layer are cool, pour lemon-cream filling into pan and smooth with a spatula until even. Cover and refrigerate for a minimum of 2 to 3 hours or overnight until set.
- To serve, using a knife, carefully loosen the tart from the sides of the pan. Remove sides of springform pan. Fill a pitcher or bowl with warm water. Using a sharp knife, slice tart into 12 wedges, dipping knife into water and carefully wiping it clean and dry with a towel after each slice. Garnish each slice with a few berries and additional lemon zest, if desired. Pour raspberry cooly over tart. Serve immediately. Tart may be kept, covered, in refrigerator for up to 2 days.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Ftoast and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Layered Lemon Cream Tart Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Desserts