Resting Time: 15 Minutes
- 12 ounce(s) lasagna noodles
- 2 teaspoon(s) extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cup(s) onions diced
- 3 clove(s) garlic minced
- 8 ounce(s) extra lean ground beef 11% fat
- 1 can(s) (28oz) crushed tomatoes, no salt added
- 1/4 cup(s) orange juice concentrate
- 1/4 cup(s) basil, fresh diced
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) No-Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) black pepper freshly ground
- 1/3 cup(s) flour, plain
- 2 1/2 cup(s) 1% low-fat milk
- 8 ounce(s) mozzarella cheese, reduced fat
- 1/2 cup(s) Parmesan Cheese freshly grated
- 1.Heat a large pot of water to boiling, and cook the noodles until almost tender. Drain. Transfer to a bowl of cold water to prevent sticking. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the onions and garlic, and cook, stirring frequently, until the onions are softened, about 7 minutes. Add the beef, and cook, stirring frequently, until no longer pink, about 4 minutes. Add the tomatoes, juice concentrate, basil, 1/2 teaspoon of the No-Salt, the cinnamon, and pepper. Cook until the meat sauce is slightly thickened, about 5 minutes. Set aside.
- 2. Preheat oven to 450. Place the flour in a medium saucepan over medium heat, and gradually whisk in the milk. Bring to a boil and add the remaining 1/4 teaspoon of No-Salt. Cook, whisking frequently, until the white sauce is slightly thickened, about 4 minutes.
- 3. In a 13" x 9" baking dish, spread 1/4 cup of the meat sauce. Lay 3 noodles on top, and spoon 1/4 of the remaining meat sauce, 1/3 of the white sauce, and 1/2 cup of the mozzarella over. Repeat twice with the remaining noodles, meat sauce, white sauce, and mozzarella. Lay the remaining noodles on top. Spread the remaining meat sauce over, sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup mozzarella and the Parmesan on top, and bake for 15 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the top is lightly golden brown.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by InspiringChef and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note