Kogi Kimchi Quesadillas
We finally got to try something other than our usual haemul pajeon (Korean scallion & seafood pancake) for our late-night snack when I ran into an article mentioning Chef Roy Choi, the man behind the famous Kogi BBQ truck and the man who inspired us ....full recipe at www.mykoreaneats.com
Yield: 2 servings
Community Recipe from
- 8 piece(s) tortilla 10 inch
- 1/2 pound(s) sirloin steak thin strips
- 2 cup(s) kimchi chopped
- 1 teaspoon(s) garlic powder
- 2 stalk(s) green onions sliced thin
- 2 tablespoon(s) butter
- 2 tablespoon(s) sesame seeds
- 2 cup(s) cheddar cheese
- 1. In a skillet or non-stick frying pan, melt the 2 tbsp butter and add the chopped kimchi, cook over medium heat until caramelized and slightly charred. Remove any excess liquid and set aside. Seasoning with garlic powder is recommended.
- 2. In the same pan, saute the thin slices of beef on medium heat until browned. Add salt and pepper for seasoning. Remove any excess liquid and set aside.
- 3. On large pan or griddle, heat over medium heat. Brush 1 tsp vegetable or olive oil on pan and coat evenly. Place 1 tortilla on pan and spread the kimchi, meat, cheese, and green onions according to preference. Make sure to leave an inch from the edges clear and then top with another tortilla. Slightly press down by hand to compress the quesadilla. Drizzle some oil on the top tortilla and brush evenly to coat.
- 4. Heat the quesadilla until browned on the bottom, flip carefully and continue cooking until browned and blistered on both sides. When finished, carefully transfer to a cutting board and let cool for a few minutes. Cut into 4 equal pieces and transfer to serving plate. Repeat with remaining ingredients to make 4 quesadillas. Mixing and matching ingredients to your liking is encouraged. ^^
This recipe is a personal recipe added by oliviajasonkim and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note