Kimchi Fried Rice (Kimchi Bokkeum Bab)
Community Recipe from
- 1 cup(s) kimchi chopped
- 4 cup(s) rice
- 3 tablespoon(s) garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon(s) ginger minced
- 6 eggs
- 2 teaspoon(s) sesame oil
- 2 teaspoon(s) soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 tablespoon(s) red chili flakes (gochugaru)
- 2 piece(s) green onions, (green part only) diced
- 1. Heat 2 tbsp. vegetable oil in a small, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add 2 eggs, minced garlic, and ginger, and cook until eggs are partially-scrambled. Slide the eggs to the side of skillet and add the kimchi. Saute both sides for several more minutes without combing together.
- 2. Add 1 more tbsp. vegetable oil and add rice and red pepper flakes (gochugaru). Cook for about 5 minutes stirring often until it begins to brown. Taste and add salt if needed at this time.
- 3. Heat 1 tbsp. vegetable oil in a nonstick skillet. Add eggs separately to make each one sunny-side up.
- 4. Put fried rice on serving plate. Top with fried eggs. Sprinkle each egg with a pinch of red chili pepper flakes, and drizzle with sesame oil and soy sauce. Garnish with alfalfa sprouts. (optional)
This recipe is a personal recipe added by oliviajasonkim and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note