Katie's Easy Skillet or Electric Skillet Lasagna
442 calories per serving You can make this recipe in a skillet on the stovetop or in an electric skillet if you’re taking it somewhere. The vegetables listed below are optional and can vary. You could use shredded zucchini or carrots for instance or no vegetables at all if you want a more classic version of lasagna.
Yield: 6 servings
Community Recipe from
- 1 pound(s) bulk Italian sausage
- 1 package(s) no-boil lasagna noodles
- 1 24-26 oz. jar Ragu, any flavor
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 clove(s) garlic
- 1 cup(s) tri-colored peppers, sliced
- 1 package(s) sliced mushrooms
- 2 fresh, ripe tomatoes
- 2 cup(s) fresh spinach leaves
- fresh basil
- 8 ounce(s) ricotta cheese
- 8 ounce(s) shredded mozzarella or Italian blend cheese
- 2 tablespoon(s) sprinkle type parmesan cheese
- - Brown 1 lb. Italian sausage with one chopped onion until sausage is no longer pink, stirring to break up as it cooks.
- - After sausage is brown, add peppers and mushrooms. Sauté until vegetables are tender. Remove mixture from skillet.
- - Arrange a layer of no-boil noodles on bottom of skillet. Break them to fit loosely, but do not overlap – they will expand as they cook. Pour half jar of pasta sauce over noodles. Spoon cooked meat mixture over sauce.
- - Place second layer of noodles on top of that. Layer chopped or sliced fresh tomatoes on top of that. Add a layer of fresh, spinach leaves.
- - Mix ricotta cheese with chopped basil. Spoon in clumps on top of spinach. Sprinkle with ¼ cup mozzarella or Italian blend cheese.
- - Place last layer of noodles on top of cheese mixture. Pour remaining half jar of pasta sauce on top of all. Top with remaining mozzarella or Italian blend cheese and sprinkle with parmesan.
- - Cover and cook on medium heat (or 350˚ in electric skillet) for about 30 minutes. Remove cover and cook for about 5 more minutes before serving.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by kateseats59 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Katie's Easy Skillet or Electric Skillet Lasagna Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes