Kale & Spicy Pecan Salad
Community Recipe from
- 1/2 cup(s) Pecan halves
- 1/4 cup(s) Light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) Cayenne pepper ground
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) Cinnamon
- 2 Juice of lemons
- 2 Granny smith apples
- 1 bunch(es) Kale
- 4 slice(s) Red onion
- 1/4 cup(s) Italian parmesan shredded
- 3 tablespoon(s) Extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoon(s) red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoon(s) Water
- 1 teaspoon(s) dijon mustard
- 1. Heat heavy bottom skillet over high heat 3 mins. Add pecans, heat 1 min. Add brown sugar, cayenne pepper and cinnamon. Stir constantly until sugar melts and coats pecans, about 1 min. Quickly spread on a sheet of foil. Cool and chop.
- 2. Combine lemon juice and 2 cups water in 4-qt bowl. Core, peel, and cut apples into matchsticks, place in lemon water to prevent browning. Soak apples 1 min. Drain.
- 3. Wash kale twice in large sink full of water. Cut leaves away from stems. Stack, cut into 1/4 inch slices.
- 4. Layer kale, apples, red onion, and Parmesan in salad bowl or on platter, cover. Chill until ready to serve. Prepare dressing in jar, toss with salad just before serving.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by efedako and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Kale & Spicy Pecan Salad Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Salads