Community Recipe from
- 4 cup(s) kale finely ahredded
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 tablespoon(s) (citrus) olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt (vanilla or thai ginger)
- 1/4 cup(s) nuts (macademia) chopped & toasted
- 1 mango chopped
- 4 tablespoon(s) unsweetened coconut toasted
- Kale-Mango-Coconut Salad
- Makes 4 small servings
- 4 C. (100 g) finely shredded kale
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 T. (15 ml) citrus olive oil
- 1/4 t. (0.5 g) vanilla salt
- 1/4 C. (30 g) raw cashews
- 1 small Ataulfo (Champagne) mango (300 g)
- 4 T. (15 g) unsweetened coconut flakes
- You can buy pre-washed shredded kale salad or make your own. If making your own, wash and thoroughly dry the kale leaves. Fold in half lengthwise and cut away the thick stem. Roll up and cut crosswise into thin shreds, then cut once in the other direction. Put kale into a large bowl.
- Add the lemon juice, olive oil, and salt, and massage the kale with your hands until it’s glossy green and soft. Aarti says it “smells like bananas” in her lovely British accent, and it does! Chemistry!
- Toast the cashews in a dry skillet over medium heat, making sure not to burn them. Let cool. You can leave them whole or roughly chop so they distribute themselves through the salad a little bit more.
- Cut the mango by slicing it lengthwise on either side of the pit. Cut down to the skin evenly in both directions (called scoring) to make little mango squares. Flip the skin inside out and cut the pieces off straight into the bowl.
- Add the toasted cashews and coconut and stir. Taste and top with a tiny bit more salt if needed.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by debemery and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Kale-Mango-Coconut Salad Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Salads