Java Crusted New York Steak with Stout Glaze
- 1/2 cup medium grind Italian Roast coffee
- 1/2 cup black peppercorns, freshly cracked
- 1/4 cup packed dark brown sugar, plus 2 tablespoons
- 1/4 cup kosher salt
- 1/4 cup granulated garlic
- 11/2 tablespoons cayenne pepper
- 11/2 tablespoons paprika
- 4 (1 1/2 to 2-inch) thick New York strip steaks
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 16 ounces stout
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Combine coffee, peppercorns, 1/4 cup brown sugar, salt, garlic, cayenne pepper and paprika in a small bowl. Press firmly onto steaks. Let steaks rest, covered, for 30 minutes at room temperature.
- To cook, heat oil in a large saute pan until almost smoking. Add steaks and sear 2 to 3 minutes on each side. Do not overcrowd the pan. Use 2pans if needed. Remove steaks to a baking dish and finish cooking in the oven until desired doneness. Remove to a cutting board or platter and let rest 10 minutes before slicing.
- Meanwhile, bring stout to a simmer in a small saucepan and reduce by about 1/3. Remove from the heat and whisk in the butter and 2 tablespoons brown sugar. After steaks have rested, pour any juices from the cutting board into the sauce, and serve with steaks.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by cramsham and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Java Crusted New York Steak with Stout Glaze Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes