Italian-style Green Beans
Community Recipe from
- 4 tablespoon(s) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound(s) green beans, ends trimmed and parboiled or steamed 3 minutes
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) black pepper
- 3 tablespoon(s) fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- 5 clove(s) garlic, thickly sliced
- 1/2 cup(s) blanched, slivered almonds
- 1 tablespoon(s) parmagiano reggiano, freshly grated
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil in a large nonstick sauté pan set on high heat until it begins to sizzle, about 2 minutes. Add the green beans and cook for 2 minutes. Stir in ¼ teaspoon of the salt, the pepper and parsley and cook for 1 minute. Transfer the cooked beans to a dish.
- Add the remaining olive oil to the same pan and cook over medium heat for 1 minutes. Add the garlic and almonds and cook for 2-3 minutes, until the garlic and almonds start to brown.
- Return the cooked green beans to the pan, add the remaining salt and cook for 5 minutes, tossing until well mixed. Remove from the heat, add the Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, toss well and serve immediately.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by robinarroyave and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note