Italian Spinach Brunch Casserole Heartstone Inn Eureka Springs, Arkansas
Community Recipe from
- 1 pound(s) Bulk Sausage (hot or regular)
- 1 cup(s) sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup(s) chopped onion
- 1 cup(s) sliced roasted red pepper (in oil)
- 1 package(s) frozen spinach, thawed and well drained
- 1 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon(s) Basil leaves
- 8 eggs
- 2 cup(s) milk
- 2 cup(s) grated Provolone cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Grease 13 x 9 inch baking dish. Brown, crumble, and drain sausage in large skillet. Add onions and mushrooms and cook until onions are semi-soft. Arrange sausage mixture in greased pan. Sprinkle half of chopped pepper over sausage; top with spinach. Sprinkle with 1 cup of Provolone cheese. In large bowl, combine flour, Parmesan cheese, salt, and basil. In another bowl, combine eggs and milk; beat until smooth. Add egg mixture to flour mixture; beat until well blended. Pour over spinach.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Sprinkle casserole with remaining red pepper and Provolone cheese. Return to oven for an additional 2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Let stand 5 minutes. Cut into squares.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by KCBean and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note