Indian Vegetable Curry
- 2 teaspoon(s) canola oil
- 1 medium brown onion, chopped
- 2 clove(s) garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon(s) fresh ginger, grated
- 1/3 cup(s) (100g) mild Indian curry paste
- 3 cup(s) (750ml) vegetable stock
- 400 grams can diced tomato
- 1 medium red capsicum, cut into 3 cm pieces
- 2/3 cup(s) (130g) red lentils, rinsed and drained
- 600 gram cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 cup(s) frozen corn kernels
- 400 gram can of chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 12 mini pappadums
- 200 gram tub of low fat natural yogurt
- 2 tablespoon(s) finely chopped fresh mint leaves
- 2 cup(s) (350g) steamed basmati rice to serve
- 1. Place oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until softened. Add garlic, ginger and curry paste and cook for 30 seconds.
- 2. Add stock and tomatoes and bring to the boil. Add capsicum, lentils, cauliflower and corn. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 25-30 minutes or until cauliflower is tender. Add the chickpeas, stirring to heat through.
- 3. Lightly spray pappadums with oil. Place 6 at a time on paper towels, then microwave on high for 40-50 seconds.
- 4. Combine yogurt and mint. Divide steamed rice among serving bowls, then top with curry and a dollop of minted yogurt. Serve curry with pappadums on the side.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Louwynd and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note