Hot & Spicy Omelet - Garden Friendly
In the mood for a serious kick in the morning?!? This recipe is also garden friendly! I got the zucchini and jalapenos from the garden! Peppers and hot sauce have been proven to be beneficial to your health! Check out this site for more details on how eating SPICY can help you! http://www.self.com/health/blogs/healthyself/2010/09/5-healthy-benefits-of-eating-s.html
- 2 whole(s) eggs whisked
- 2-3 whole(s) jalapeno peppers sliced (with or without seeds)
- 4 piece(s) zucchini diced
- 1 ounce(s) cheddar cheese
- 2 dash(es) crushed red pepper
- 2 dash(es) Cajun seasoning
- 1 dash(es) salt
- 1 dash(es) pepper
- 1.) Prepare the vegetables: Slice & Chop the Zucchini; Slice the Jalapeno Peppers (leave the seeds in for a hotter omelet!)
- 2.) Grease a small skillet with olive oil spray. Saute Zucchini & Jalapenos for about 2 minutes. Sprinkle a little salt & pepper if desired.
- 3.) Whisk 2 eggs in a small bowl. Remove the vegetables from the skillet. Spray the skillet with more olive oil if need be. Add the Eggs, season with a little salt, pepper, crushed red pepper & cajun seasoning.
- 4.) After the eggs begin to take form, add the vegetables on top.
- 5.) Fold the omelet over & top with cheddar cheese.
- 6.) Serve by itself or with a tortilla. Add hot sauce if you're feeling frisky!
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Lspehar and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note