Hoppin' John Jambalaya
Community Recipe from
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 2 onions chopped
- 1 bell peppers chopped
- xC2xBD cup(s) parsley minced
- 3 clove(s) garlic minced
- 2 pound(s) smoked sausage sliced & sautxC3xA8d
- 1 pound(s) blackeyed peas boiled until xC2xBD cooked
- 6 cup(s) chicken broth
- 3 cup(s) rice uncooked
- Hear oil in dutch oven. Add onion, garlic and bell pepper and sautè about 10 minutes. Add sausage and sautè until browned. Add broth, partially cooked peas and bring to a boil. Add rice and return to a boil. Cover tightly, reduce heat andsimmer for 40 to 45 minutes. Do not lift lid until 40 minutes has transpired! Then stir in the chopped scallions and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Let stand about 5 minutes. Serve with your favorite hot sauce.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by harpette and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note