Honey Ricotta Crepes
Community Recipe from
- 2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 2 tablespoon(s) granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cup(s) milk
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon(s) vanilla
- 1/4 cup(s) butter, melted
- 1 cup(s) ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon(s) orange juice
- 1 tablespoon(s) orange zest
- 1 tablespoon(s) honey or maple syrup
- Slivered almonds
- Chocolate sauce (optional)
- Combine the flour, salt and sugar in a medium-sized bowl.
- In another, smaller bowl, beat together the milk, eggs, and vanilla.
- Make a well in the flour mixture and pour in about half the liquid mixture.
- Blend well, then add the remaining liquid and stir until fairly smooth; a few lumps can remain.
- Stir in the butter.
- Cover and let sit for 10 minutes - 1 hour
- Heat the pan until its medium-hot.
- Wipe the bottom of the pan with a bit of butter or oil (a paper towel works well).
- Pour a scant 1/3 cup batter into the bottom of the pan, pick it up, and tip it in a circular motion so the batter covers the bottom of the pan.
- Cook until the bottom begins to brown and you can slide a spatula under it.
- It will hold together quite well, so you can flip it over easily.
- Cook briefly on the other side, and place on a warm plate.
- Cover until the remaining batter is cooked.
- Prepare filling by mixing together ricotta, orange juice, zest and your sweetener.
- Roll filling into crepes, and top with slivered almonds and more syrup or even chocolate sauce for dessert style crepes.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note