Homemade Spanish Rice
Community Recipe from
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 onion chopped fine
- 1 clove(s) garlic minced
- 2 cup(s) medium long white rice
- 3 cup(s) chicken stock
- 1 can(s) diced tomatoes drained
- pinch of oregano
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 In a large skillet brown rice in olive oil, medium/high heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook onion rice mixture, stirring frequently, about 4 minutes, or until onions are softened.
- 2 In a separate sauce pan bring stock to a simmer. Add tomato sauce, oregano, and salt. Add rice to broth. Bring to a simmer. Cover. Lower heat and cook 15-25 minutes, depending on the type of rice and the instructions on the rice package. Turn off heat and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Yield: Serves 4 to 6.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Kathychild and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note