Amazing! Everyone loves them. I throw in some chocolate chips too just because I like a little chocolate! My family is always asking for me to make them :) I like that I actually know what goes in to my granola bars, rather than all of the crazy ingredients listed on the store bought ones.
Homemade Granola Bars
Community Recipe from
- 1/2 cup(s) butter or margarine
- 1/3 cup(s) Sugar
- 1/3 cup(s) honey
- 1/4 cup(s) flour
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) cinnamon
- 2 cup(s) crisp rice cereal
- 2 cup(s) rolled oats
- 1 cup(s) dried fruit bits
- 1/2 cup(s) sliced almonds
- Heat the oven to 350º F. Coat a 9- by 13-inch pan with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- Melt the butter or margarine in a large pot over low heat. Remove the pot from the heat and whisk in the sugar, honey, flour, vanilla extract, and cinnamon. Add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Transfer the mixture to the baking pan. Using a sheet or waxed paper and the palms of your hands, press the granola firmly into the pan, packing it to a flat and even thickness.
- Bake for 20 minutes, until golden brown. Allow the granola to cool 1 hour in the pan, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely before cutting into bars. Makes 16 to 24 rectangular bars.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Spongerx29 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note