The beauty of this is that you can play with the recipe. Each time I make this, I vary the combination of nuts and seeds. The sweetener, the type and combination of dried fruits, as well as the type of extract used can be changed to suit your mood or your larder.
- 4 cup(s) rolled oats
- 2 cup(s) nuts and seeds
- 1 cup(s) shredded coconut
- 1/3 cup(s) dark brown sugar
- 1/3 cup(s) mape syrup, or agave, or honey
- 1/3 cup(s) coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) vanilla, or almond or other extract
- 1 cup(s) dried fruit minced
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees. In a large bowl, combine oats, nut & seeds, as well as coconut. In a small saucepan, combine brown sugar and syrup. Boil for one minute. Take it off of the heat and stir in coconut oil, salt, and extract. Pour the solution into the large bowl and mix well. Pour mixture onto two sheet pans. Cook for 1 hour and 15 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes. Remove from oven and transfer back to the large bowl. Mix in minced dried fruit.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by juliecook1 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note