I haven't heard about serving applesauce with meat - I must try :D Sauce is delicious, but I didn't add sugar - apples are sweet enough in my opinion
Chill: 35 Minutes
- 6 medium apples (about 2 1/2 inches in diameter), Gala, Golden Delicious or McIntosh—peeled, cored and quartered
- 1 medium lemon, zested and juiced
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) ground allspice
- 1/4 cup(s) sugar
- 1 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- Step 1 Place the apples in a 3– to 5–quart saucepan or Dutch oven. Add the lemon zest, lemon juice, allspice and sugar. Cover the saucepan and cook over moderately low heat, stirring and mashing the apples frequently until they’re soft and cooked down, about 30 minutes.
- Step 2 Spoon softened apples into a blender and puree until smooth. Spoon the puree into the saucepan and bring to a slow boil until the puree is quite thick, about 10 minutes. Stir in the vanilla, remove from stove and let stand a few minutes to cool. Pour in a large bowl and chill for at least 35 minutes.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note