My daughter is a very picky eater. There is not much that I cook that she likes, however, she loved this recipe so much she had seconds. Hands down, great recipe.
Herbed Potatoes with Kielbasa and Corn
Tender red potatoes, crisp sweet corn and slightly spicy kielbasa sausage are sauteed together and then tossed with oregano and thyme for a very flavorful skillet meal. Fresh or dried herbs both work well and this dish can be made with fresh, frozen or canned corn. Beef sausage works as well as kielbasa in this dish. Recipe by Mary Younkin, Barefeet in the Kitchen.
- 1 small yellow onion, diced small
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 13-ounce kielbasa / polish sausage, sliced as thinly as possible
- 6 baby red potatoes (2" or so in diameter), sliced very thinly
- 2 ear(s) corn, kernels removed or 1 can of corn (drained) or 1 1/2 cups frozen corn
- 1 teaspoon(s) kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) dried oregano leaves or 1/2 tablespoon fresh
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) dried thyme leaves or 1/2 tablespoon fresh
- In a very large skillet, over medium high heat, warm the oil. Add the onions and saute 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the potatoes and the sausage and cook 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Season with salt and pepper as the potatoes are cooking. Lower the heat to medium and add the corn and the herbs. Cook an additional 5-10 minutes, until the potatoes are tender.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note