Herbed Cornbread Dressing with Sausage and Fennel
Community Recipe from
- 16-20 ounce(s) Spicy or sweet Italian turkey sausage
- 1-1 1/3 C cup(s) Water
- 1 1/2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 2 cup(s) Fresh fennel Chopped, 1/2 in cubes
- 1 cup(s) Onion Finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon(s) Garlic Chopped
- 11/2 tablespoon(s) fresh thyme, sage and rosemary Chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) Fresh parsley Chopped
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper To taste
- 1 Loaf herbed spider cornbread Cut into 1/2 in cubes
- Cut the sausage out of the casing and place in a large skillet. Add 1 cup of water and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to low and cook 8 minutes, stirring and breaking the sausage up into small pieces. Add the oil, fennel, onion, garlic, thyme,sage, and rosemary, and cook, stirring often, another 5 minutes. There should still be water in the skillet; if the water has dried up, add another 1/3 cup. Add half the parsley plus salt and pepper to taste. The sausage should be cooked through, and the fennel cooked but have a slight bite. There should be enough water in the skillet to keep all ingredients moist.
- Place the cornbread in a bowl and add all the ingredients from the skillet. Mix well and taste for seasoning.
- Bake the dressing in a medium to large casserole dish in a 350 oven 20-30 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped fresh parsley and serve.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Kcchris and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note