Herb-Stuffed Pork Roast with Mustard Gravy
Rest: 30 Minutes
- 4-5 pound(s) 1 pork rib roast with 6 ribs chine bone removed and ribs frenched
- 3 cup(s) Fresh Parsley
- 3 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 tablespoon(s) Fennel seed crushed
- 3 clove(s) fresh garlic
- 1/3 cup(s) golden raisins
- salt & pepper
- 1/4 cup(s) dry white wine
- 2 tablespoon(s) all-purpose flour
- 2 cup(s) chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon(s) grainy mustard
- Everyday Food, December 2012 Prep Time 20 minutes
- Total Time 1 hour 50 minutes + resting
- Yield Serves 6
- Let pork sit at room temperature 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a food processor, puree parsley, oil, fennel seed, and garlic until smooth. Add raisins; pulse until finely chopped. Season with salt and pepper.
- On a cutting board, hold a knife parallel to bones of pork and cut down about 2 inches, being careful not to remove ribs.
- Turn pork so bones lie flat against board. Steadying pork and holding knife horizontally, continue to cut, unrolling pork, until you have a flat 1 1/2-inch-thick piece. Season with salt and pepper.
- Evenly spread herb mixture on top, leaving a 1/2-inch border.Tightly roll pork toward bones and secure with kitchen twine between bones. Season generously with salt and pepper. Place pork in a heavy-bottomed metal roasting pan.
- Roast until an instant-read thermometer inserted in center reads 145 degrees, about 1 hour. Transfer pork to a cutting board, tent with foil, and let rest 30 minutes. Pour pan drippings into a measuring cup and skim fat. Set pan across 2 burners.
- Add wine to pan and cook over medium, scraping up browned bits with a wooden spoon, until wine is reduced by half. Whisk in flour, then slowly whisk in broth and pan drippings. Cook, whisking, until gravy is thickened, 4 minutes. Stir in mustard and season with salt and pepper. Cut pork into chops and serve with gravy.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by DrVanessa and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Herb-Stuffed Pork Roast with Mustard Gravy Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes