Let Stand: 5 Minutes
- 2 1/2 cup(s) whole-wheat flour
- 1 cup(s) buttermilk powder
- 5 tablespoon(s) dried egg whites, such as Just Whites
- 1/4 cup(s) sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoon(s) baking powder
- 2 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 cup(s) flaxseed meal
- 1 cup(s) nonfat dry milk
- 1/2 cup(s) wheat bran, or oat bran
- 1 1/2 cup(s) nonfat milk
- 1/4 cup(s) canola oil
- 1 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- 1. Whisk flour, buttermilk powder, dried egg whites, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large bowl. Stir in flaxseed meal, dry milk and bran. (Makes 6 cups dry mix.)
- 2. Combine milk, oil and vanilla in a glass measuring cup.
- 3. Place 2 cups pancake mix in a large bowl. (Refrigerate the remaining pancake mix in an airtight container for up to 1 month or freeze for up to 3 months.) Make a well in the center of the pancake mix. Whisk in the milk mixture until just blended; do not overmix. (The batter will seem quite thin, but will thicken up as it stands.) Let stand for 5 minutes.
- 4. Coat a nonstick skillet or griddle with cooking spray and place over medium heat. Whisk the batter. Using 1/4 cup batter for each pancake, cook pancakes until the edges are dry and bubbles begin to form, about 2 minutes. Turn over and cook until golden brown, about 2 minutes longer. Adjust heat as necessary for even browning.
- Chocolate-Chocolate Chip Pancakes: Fold 1/2 cup cocoa powder and 3 ounces chocolate chips into the batter.
- Blueberry: Fold 1 cup frozen blueberries into the batter.
- Banana-Nut: Fold 1 cup thinly sliced bananas and 4 tablespoons finely chopped toasted pecans into the batter.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note