Ham & Swiss Stuffed Acorn Squash
- 1 teaspoon(s) olive oil
- 2 small acorn squash halved
- 1/3 cup(s) buckwheat groats
- 4 ounce(s) lo-sodium ham
- 2 cup(s) frozen peas
- 2 teaspoon(s) sage
- 3 ounce(s) swiss cheese grated
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. On foil-line baking sheet, drizzle 1/2 tsp oil. Coat cut flesh of squash with oil and then arrange cut side up on sheet. Bake 25 minutes until golden.
- In medium saucepand, brin 1 1/3 cups H2O to boil, stir in buckwheat and reduce to simmer. Cook until tender and water is absorbed, about 10-15 minutes.
- In small bowl, toss ham, peas, sage and remaining 1/2 tsp oil, add buckwheat and stir to combine.
- Remove squash from oven, increase heat to 425. Spoon buckwheat mixture into squash and top with cheese. Bake 15 minutes, until cheese is bubbly.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by kenders and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note