Guinness Slow Cooked Corned Beef
Community Recipe from
- 4 pound(s) Corned Beef
- 3 tablespoon(s) McCormick Pickling Spices
- 3 cup(s) Water
- 12 ounce(s) Guinness
- 1 Small Onion
- 3 clove(s) Garlic chopped
- 1/4 cup(s) Brown Sugar
- 1 tablespoon(s) Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 tablespoon(s) Grainy Mustard
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1. Mix pickling spices and water & place in slow cooker along with the corned beef (fat layer on top), onion and garlic, pour in the the Guinness and cook on low for 9 hours.
- 2. Set the corned beef aside, strain the solids from the Guinness and juices and reserve 1 cup. Place liquid in sauce pan and add the brown sugar, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper, bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer to reduce by half, about 10 minutes.
- 3. Cut the layer of fat from the corned beef and glaze with the Guinness mixture. Serve with boiled vegetables of your choice.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Bianca916 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note