Grilled Shrimp and Eggplant Summer Noodle Bowls
- 1/3 cup(s) apricot fruit spread
- 1/4 cup(s) ketchup
- 3 tablespoon(s) soy sauce
- 2 limes, divided
- 1 eggplant, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 pound(s) large shrimp, peeled, deveined and tails removed
- 1 8-ounce package(s) pad-thai-style brown rice noodles
- 2 cup(s) shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup(s) sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup(s) chopped fresh basil, cilantro and/or mint leaves
- Soak skewers (if wooden) in water for at least 30 minutes. In a small bowl, whisk together fruit spread, ketchup, soy sauce and the juice of 1 lime. Transfer 1/3 cup mixture to a large bowl and set aside. Preheat oiled grill to medium-high heat. Skewer eggplant and shrimp onto separate skewers. Using sauce mixture remaining in small bowl, brush eggplant and then shrimp on both sides until well coated. Grill eggplant, covered, until browned and tender, 4 to 8 minutes, turning halfway through. Grill shrimp, covered, until golden brown and cooked through, 3 to 5 minutes, turning halfway through. Remove eggplant and shrimp from skewers and add to large bowl with reserved 1/3 cup sauce mixture.
- Meanwhile, prepare rice noodles according to package instructions and add to eggplant and shrimp. Add carrots, green onions and herbs. Toss to combine, gently separating noodles to coat evenly. Serve remaining lime in wedges on the side.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note