Grilled Peppers, Shrimp and Chorizo
This dish can be grilled (as written) or sautéed. For the sauté, and because my pan isn't huge, I do the peppers, then the sausage, then the onions (tossing them as they are finished in a large bowl with the vinaigrette plus 1/4 cup white wine and 2 tbsp heavy cream). I add the shrimp to the sauté pan for 2 minutes and then add the rest of the ingredients to reheat them. I serve this over rice with a large spoonful of the sauce.
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil , plus more for coating
- 1 tablespoon(s) white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) smoked paprika
- 2 clove(s) garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 pound(s) large shrimp peeled, deveined
- 4 sweet peppers
- 2 chorizo or andouille sausages completely cooked
- 1 sweet onion
- 1/4 cup(s) white wine (optional)
- 2 tablespoon(s) heavy cream (optional)
- 1. Heat grill or grill pan to medium-high heat. In a bowl, whisk together oil through salt. Toss 2 tsp of the vinaigrette with shrimp. Thread shrimp onto two skewers. Set aside remaining vinaigrette.
- 2. Lightly coat peppers with oil. Grill on medium-high heat for 20 minutes, turning every 5 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and cover with plastic wrap to cool slightly. Peel and discard skins (it's okay to leave a little on). Meanwhile, grill the onion until soft (5 minutes per side). Quater peeled peppers, discarding stems and cores. Toss with remaining vinaigrette.
- 3. Grill the 4 chorizo halves 3-4 minutes per side. Slice into half moons. Grill shrimp skewers 2 minutes per side until cooked through.
- 4. Arrange pepper quarters and onion slices on a large platter. Scatter chorizo and shrimp on top and drizzle with remaining vinaigrette. Garnish with fresh chopped flat leaf parsley and serve.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by ftcollinsco and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note