Grilled Honey-Herb Shrimp
Citrus, honey and herbs give shrimp big flavor in these special grilled skewers. For an alternative method to the skewers, place the shrimp and lime wedges in a grill basket (grill "wok"). Grill as directed above. Transfer the grilled shrimp and lime to a platter and guests can use decorative picks to serve themselves. (See photo ). You can shave several minutes off the prep time by purchasing shrimp already peeled and deveined.
Refrigerate (Marinate): 1 Hour
- 1/3 cup(s) honey
- 1/4 cup(s) vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup(s) finely chopped green onions (4 medium)
- 3 tablespoon(s) chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoon(s) chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 2 teaspoon(s) grated fresh lemon or lime peel
- 1 tablespoon(s) fresh lemon or lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 24 uncooked medium shrimp (about 1 lb), peeled, deveined
- Lemon or lime slices, halved, if desired
- 8 bamboo skewers (5 or 6 inch)
- 1. In 1-gallon resealable food-storage plastic bag, mix all ingredients except shrimp and skewers. Add shrimp to bag. Seal bag; turn to coat shrimp. Place bag in large bowl. Refrigerate at least 1 hour to marinate but no longer than 8 hours.
- 2. Soak skewers in water 30 minutes to prevent burning. Meanwhile, heat gas or charcoal grill.
- 3. Drain shrimp; discard marinade. Thread 3 shrimp and 3 lemon slices on each skewer, leaving 1/4-inch space between each shrimp.
- 4. Place shrimp on grill over medium heat. Cover grill; cook 5 to 7 minutes, turning once, until shrimp are pink. Serve warm.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note