Greens, Mushroom and White Bean Ragoût
Serve this hearty and saucy combination of leafy greens, mushrooms and beans over whole grain brown rice or whole wheat pasta. Use 1 (16-ounce) package of frozen dark leafy greens instead of fresh greens for a quick shortcut. Recipe from the Whole Foods Market website: http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/recipes/2887.
Yield: 6 servings
Community Recipe from
- 2 1/2 cup(s) low-sodium vegetable broth, divided
- 1 large white onion, chopped
- 3 clove(s) garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) Marsala or red wine
- 4 teaspoon(s) finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon(s) finely chopped fresh thyme
- 12 ounce(s) fresh mushrooms, button or wild or a mixture of both, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoon(s) reduced-sodium tamari
- 2 tablespoon(s) whole spelt or whole wheat flour
- 4 tablespoon(s) nutritional yeast
- 1 15-ounce can(s) no-salt-added Great Northern or other white beans, rinsed and drained, or 1 1/2 cups cooked white beans
- 1 pound(s) (1 to 2 bunches) dark leafy greens, such as collards, kale or mustard greens, tough stems removed and leaves thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) ground black pepper
- Bring 3/4 cup broth to a simmer in a large high-sided skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic and cook 7 to 8 minutes or until tender. Stir in wine, rosemary and thyme and cook about 2 minutes or until wine evaporates. Add mushrooms and reduce heat to medium, cover and cook 5 minutes or until mushrooms release their liquid and begin to become tender, stirring once. Stir in remaining 1 3/4 cups broth and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together tamari, flour, nutritional yeast and 2 to 3 tablespoons of the hot broth to make a thick paste. Whisk paste into the simmering broth mixture, stirring constantly. Bring back to a simmer and cook 1 minute, whisking constantly. Stir in beans and greens, in batches if needed, cover and cook 5 minutes or until greens are wilted and heated through, stirring once. Stir in black pepper and serve.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note