Green Chili Stew
Community Recipe from
- 2 tablespoon(s) vegetable oil
- 3 pound(s) boneless pork shoulder diced
- kosher salt
- 1 large white onion diced
- 1 1/2 cup(s) Hatch or Anaheim chili peppers diced
- 1 small green bell pepper diced
- 1 small red bell pepper diced
- 4 clove(s) garlic minced
- 4 cup(s) low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 pound(s) Yokon gold potatoes peeled & diced
- 2-15oz can(s) white hominy drained & rinsed
- 1 bunch(es) cilantro leaves chopped
- 2 tablespoon(s) cornstarch
- flour tortillas warmed, for serving
- 1. Heat 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Sprinkle the pork with teaspoon salt. Working in batches, cook the pork, stirring, until browned,, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a plate and discard the fat from the pot.
- 2. Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon oil in the pot. Add the onion, chili peppers, bell peppers and garlid and cook, stiring occasionally, until softened, about 7 minutes. Return the pork to the pot aling with the chicken broth; cover and bring to a boil. Stir the stew and reduce the heat to medium low; simmer, covered, until the pork is tender, about 30 minutes.
- 3.Increase the heat to medium high and bring the stew to a low boil. Add the potatoes, hominy and enough water to cover the pork and potatoes. Add half of the cilantro and 1 teaspoon salt and cook, uncovered, sitrrinf occasionall, until the potatoes are tender and the stew is slightly thickened, about 30 minutes.
- 4. Whisk the cornstarch with 1/4 cup water in a small bowl until smooth. Stir into the stew along with remaining cilantro and continue cooking, sitrring occasionally, until the liquid thickens, about 5 more minutes. Serve with flout tortilas.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by grandmaof2 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Green Chili Stew Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Soups/Stews