Green Chile Chicken Soft Tacos (Mexican Everyday pg.198)
Community Recipe from
- 2 whole(s) fresh Poblano Chiles
- 1 whole(s) onion
- 1 pound(s) Chicken breast
- 3 tablespoon(s) Lime Juice
- 2 whole(s) garlic cloves
- 1 package(s) tortillas (made from scatch is yummier)
- Roast Poblano over an open flame or 4 inches below a broiler, turning regularly until blistered and blackened all over
- Place in a bowl, cover with a kitchen towel and let cool until handelable
- Turn oven to it's lowest setting. Heat 1 tbs. of oil in very large skillet over medium high. Add onions and cook until golden but still crunch 4-5 min. Scoop into a heatproof serving bowl, leaving as much oil as possible in the skillet, and slide to into the oven, set skillet aside.
- Rub the blackened skin off the chiles and pull out the stems and seed pods. Rinse the chilles. Cut into 1/4 inch strips and stir into the onions. Taste and season with salt. Add to bowl in oven, return to oven.
- Sprinkle both sides of chicken breast with salt and pepper. Return the skillet to medium heat. Add the remaining 1 tbs oil. When oil is hot lay in the chicken breast. Brown on one side, about 5 min. Flip and finish cookin about 4 min.
- When the meat is done, add lime juice and garlic to skillet. Turn chicken into mixture until juice becomes glaze. Cut chicken into 1/4 inch breast and mix with Poblano mixture. Add salt if needed.
- Serve with warm tortillas.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by mandjp and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note