Greek Yogurt Cheesecake with Pomegranate Sauce
Refrigerate: 5 Hours
- 1 cup(s) finely ground walnuts
- 1 tablespoon(s) brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon(s) coconut oil, melted
- 3 8-ounce package(s) cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cup(s) plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup(s) plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoon(s) fresh lemon juice
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoon(s) plain gelatin
- 1 1/2 tablespoon(s) cold water
- 1/2 cup(s) unsweetened pomegranate juice
- 2 tablespoon(s) sugar
- Seeds of 1/2 pomegranate
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2. Grease the bottom and sides of a 10-inch cheesecake pan with removable sides. Cut out a circle of parchment paper to fit on the bottom, and set in the pan after it has been sprayed.
- 3. In a food processor, process the walnuts, brown sugar, ginger and melted coconut oil together. Press evenly into the bottom of the pan.
- 4. Bake the crust for about 10-15 minutes or until it begins turning a light golden brown. Remove and let cool.
- 5. In a small heatproof bowl, mix the gelatin and cold water together and set aside to let gelatin get soft.
- 6. Wash the food processor and then blend the cream cheese, yogurt, sugar, lemon juice, lemon zest and vanilla together until smooth.
- 7. Heat about 1/2 inch of water in a small pan over medium heat. Place the bowl with the gelatin in the water and whisk until the gelatin has dissolved, when it is clear (about 3-4 minutes).
- 8. With the food processor turned on, pour in the warm gelatin mixture and mix well.
- 9. Pour the filling into the cooled crust. Cover the pan with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 5-6 hours.
- 10. In a small sauce pan, add the juice and remaining sugar. Cook over medium heat until the sugar dissolves, about 3 minutes.
- 11. Remove from heat and let cool.
- 12. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Then add pomegranate seeds and drizzle over cheesecake slices.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note