These are my biscuits & I've made them many times, so of course I think they're good!
Grandma Joy's Buttermilk Biscuits
- 3 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1-1/4 cup(s) buttermilk
- 6-1/3 tablespoon(s) Crisco (1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon)
- Preheat oven to 470 degree. Do not put biscuits in oven until oven is preheated.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt using a sifter or a wire whisk.
- Cut shortening into sifted dry ingredients until like coarse crumbs.
- Make a well and add buttermilk all at once. Stir quickly with a fork only till dough follows fork around bowl. Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface (Dough should be soft) Kneed gently with heel of hand 10 or 12 strokes. Roll or pat dough (I always pat) 1/2 inch thick. Cut with a biscuit cutter or glass. Form leftover pieces together, handling as little as possible & cut again.
- Bake on an ungreased baking sheet for 12 minutes.
- Oven temperature: 470 degrees
This recipe is a personal recipe added by joybrinduse and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note