Gouda Cheeseburgers with fennel-onion relish and sweet potato fries
Community Recipe from
- 2 pound(s) sweet potatoes (about 4) cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- 3 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 small fennel bulb cored and thinly sliced
- 1/2 small onion thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoon(s) fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/4 pound(s) ground beef chuck
- 4 ounce(s) Gouda sliced
- 4 hamburger buns
- arugular for serving
- Heat oven to 450. On rimmed baking sheet, toss potatoes, 2 tablespoons oil, 3/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Roast, tossing once, until golden brown and tender, 22-25 minutes.
- In medium bowl, toss fennel, onion, lemon juice, 1 tablespoon oil and 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper, set aside.
- Form beef into 4 1/2-inch thick patties and season with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Heat remaining teaspoon oil in large skillet over medium high heat. Cook patties 3-4 minutes per side for medium rare. During last minute, top w/cheese and cook, covered.
- Place burgers on buns with fennel relish and arugula, if desired. Serve with fries.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Hermanas and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Gouda Cheeseburgers with fennel-onion relish and sweet potato fries Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes