Goat Cheese Stuffed Portobello
- Goat Cheese Filling
- 1/2 cup(s) Goat Cheese Crumbles
- 3 piece(s) Mint Leaves Chopped
- 2 pinch(s) Chia Seeds
- 2 piece(s) Mini Sweet Peppers Chopped
- 1 tablespoon(s) Greek Yogurt
- 2 clove(s) Garlic Chopped
- 3 tablespoon(s) Olive Oil
- 2 pinch(s) Garam Masala
- 2 teaspoon(s) garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) Cayenne Pepper
- 1 teaspoon(s) Black Pepper Crushed
- 1 or 2 teaspoon(s) Raw Agave Nectar
- 1 teaspoon(s) Lemon and/or Lime Juice
- One Portobello Mushroom (whole)
- Preheat the oven to 375F
- Goat Cheese Filling:
- Combine all the ingredients listed above excluding the Garlic cloves and olive oil. In a separate Saute pan heat up the olive oil on medium heat. Add garlic to pan and saute for about two to three minutes until lightly golden. Once Sauteing is done add the garlic and olive oil combined to the Filling Mixture. Mix ingredients together with a whisk until thoroughly combined. Place to the side.
- Take your Portobello and remove the stem. On the same pan you used to saute the garlic add about one more tablespoon of Olive Oil and saute the mushroom for about 3 minutes on each side.
- Take out a small sized baking dish and line wit with your favorite oil of choice. I prefer to use Canola or olive oil, but Coconut oil works just as fine and may add an interesting flavor while baking. place the mushroom in the dish and put all of the Goat Cheese Filling in the bowl of the mushroom. Place the mushroom in the oven and let back for 20-25 minutes periodically checking as time goes on.
- Once baking is done let cool for about 5-10 minutes and serve as an appetizer plain or as a meal, onto your rice of choice. This also tastes great with carrot juice if you so choose. Enjoy your healthy living!
This recipe is a personal recipe added by aemuzio and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note