Gluten Free Zucchini Pancakes
- 2 fairly large zucchini (about 3 cups shredded and loosely packed)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup gluten-free all purpose flour
- 1/3 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons peanut or other neutral oil, plus more if needed
- Butter and maple syrup, for serving
- 1. Shred the zucchini on the large holes of a box grater or in a food processor with the shredding disk. Place the shredded zucchini in a tea towel and sprinkle with the salt. Toss to combine. Let sit for 5-10 minutes (while you attend to step 2), then roll up in the towel and squeeze out as much moisture as possible.
- 2. In a medium bowl, combine the eggs, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Beat well with a fork. Add the drained zucchini and mix together. Sprinkle the flour, xanthan gum, and baking powder on top and mix with a fork just until well combined.
- 3. Heat one tablespoon of the oil over medium-high heat in a wide, heavy pan. When the oil is hot, drop the batter into the pan by heaping tablespoonful. Cook for about three minutes on the first side, until nicely browned. Flip and cook for about two minutes more. Place the cooked pancakes on a rack and repeat with the remaining oil and batter. Serve with butter and maple syrup, if desired (though they're quite sweet on their own).
This recipe is a personal recipe added by abbsQuake and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note