Glazed carrots with pistachios
Community Recipe from
- 3 lbs small carrots with tops
- 3 cup(s) water
- 1/2 cup(s) shelled unsalted pistachios
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 cup(s) butter
- 1/3 cup(s) packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) fresh thyme
- Preheat oven to 350 deg.
- Trim carrots, leaving about 1/2inch tops. Combine water and salt in a 12-inch skillet. Add carrots; return to boiling. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 to 12 minutes or until carrots are just tender. Drain carrots in a large colander; set aside.
- Meanwhile, place pistachios in a shallow baking pan. Bake in the preheated oven for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly toasted, stirring once. Set aside.
- Melt butter in the heavy skillet. Add brown sugar and thyme, stirring over medium heat until sugar is melted. Add drained carrots. Bring just to boiling. Reduce heat and cook, uncovered, over medium/low heat, stirring occasionally just until well-glazed, about 10 minutes.
- Transfer carrots to a serving bowl or platter. Sprinkle with toasted pistachios. Makes 10-12 servings.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Candy911 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Glazed carrots with pistachios Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Side Dishes/Vegetables