Ginger-Lemongrass Chicken with Cilantro Rice Noodles
Community Recipe from
- cup sliced green onions
- cup sliced lemongrass or 1/2 tsp. finely shredded lemon peel
- 1 Tbsp. grated fresh ginger
- 6 cloves garlic
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice
- 2 Tbsp. cooking oil
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (about 1-1/4 lb. total)
- 1 recipe Cilantro Rice Noodles *
- Lime wedges (optional)
- 1. For rub, in a food processor or blender combine green onions, lemongrass, ginger, garlic, lime juice, and oil. Cover; process to a thin paste. Rub paste onto chicken.
- 2. Place chicken on the grill rack directly over medium heat; grill for 12 to 15 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink (170 degrees F), turning once halfway through grilling.
- 3. To serve, slice chicken. On 4 dinner plates, arrange chicken slices and Cilantro Rice noodles. If desired, serve with lime wedges. Makes 4 servings.
- 4. *Cilantro Rice Noodles: In a large saucepan, cook 8 ounces rice noodles in a large amount of boiling water for 3 to 4 minutes or just until tender; drain. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine 1/4 cup bottled fish sauce, 3 tablespoons lime juice, 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar, and 1 or 2 cloves minced garlic; stir until brown sugar is dissolved. Add noodles, 1 cup shredded carrots, 1/4 cup coarsely snipped fresh cilantro, and 1/4 cup peanuts; toss gently to coat. Makes 4 cups.
- nutrition facts
- Calories540.6 Total Fat (g)13.5 Saturated Fat (g)2.2, Monounsaturated Fat (g)4.3, Polyunsaturated Fat (g)5.9, Cholesterol (mg)82.1, Sodium (mg)1669.7, Carbohydrate (g)64.8, Total Sugar (g)9.2, Fiber (g)2.4, Protein (g)38.8, Vitamin C (DV%)23, Calcium (DV%)8, Iron (DV%)14, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
This recipe is a personal recipe added by batesballard22 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Ginger-Lemongrass Chicken with Cilantro Rice Noodles Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes