GaGa Lynne's Apple Pie
Community Recipe from
- 5 granny smith apples peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 2 pie shells one as the base, and the second for the top of pie
- 1/2 cup(s) white sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 & 1/2 tablespoon(s) cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon(s) lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon(s) vanilla
- cinnamon sugar for dusting on the top of the pie before cooking
- If pie shells are frozen, take out of refrigerator and thaw, out of bag and separated. Place prepared apple slices in a bowl. Mix the next 5 ingredients (all dry ones) and sprinkle over the apples, stirring to mix. Pour into one of the pie shells. Mix lemon juice and vanilla and pour over apples in pie. Cut the trim off of the other pie shell and place on top of pie. Seal the edge by pinching the crusts together. Make an x in center of the top of pie to vent. Sprinkle top with cinnamon sugar.
- Bake at 450 for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 and bake until done, 35 to 45 minutes or until golden brown. Enjoy!
This recipe is a personal recipe added by 88blues and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
GaGa Lynne's Apple Pie Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Desserts