Fried Green Tomatoes
Community Recipe from
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup(s) buttermilk
- 1/2 cup(s) flour
- 1/2 cup(s) cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 3 medium green tomatoes
- vegetable oil
- Combine egg and buttermilk; set aside.
- Combine 1/4 cup all-purpose flour, cornmeal, 1 teaspoon salt, and pepper in a shallow bowl or pan.
- Dredge tomato slices in remaining 1/4 cup flour; dip in egg mixture, and dredge in cornmeal mixture.
- Pour oil to a depth of 1/4 to 1/2 inch in a large cast-iron skillet; heat to 375°. Drop tomatoes, in batches, into hot oil, and cook 2 minutes on each side or until golden. Drain on paper towels or a rack. Sprinkle hot tomatoes with salt
This recipe is a personal recipe added by kenzipooch and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Fried Green Tomatoes Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Side Dishes/Vegetables