Community Recipe from
- 1 cup(s) boiling water
- 1/3 cup(s) yellow cornmeal
- 1 package(s) dry yeast
- 1/4 cup(s) warm water (100 to 110 degrees)
- 2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 2 teaspoon(s) olive oil
- 1 tablespoon(s) yellow cornmeal, divided
- 1. Combine boiling water and 1/3 c. cornmeal in a bowl; let stand 20 min., stirring
- occasionally. Dissolve yeast in warm water in a small bowl, and let stand 5 min.
- Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups, and level with a knife. Combine
- cornmeal mixture, flour, and salt in a food processor, and pulse 4 times or until
- blended. With processor on, slowly add yeast mixture and oil through food chute;
- process until dough forms a ball. Process 1 aditional minute. Turn dough out
- onto a floured surface, and knead lightly 4-5 times (dough will feel tacky).
- 2. Place dough in a bowl coated with cooking spray, turning to coat top. Cover; let
- rise in a warm place (85 degrees), free from drafts, 1 hour or until doubled in size.
- (Press two fingers into dough. If indentation remains, the dough has risen
- 3. Punch dough down; cover and lety rest 5 min. Divide dough into 4 equal
- portions, shaping each into a ball (cover remaining dough while working to
- prevent it from drying).
- 4. Roll each ball into a 10x6" oval. Place 2 olvals on a baking sheet lightly dusted
- with 1-1/2 tsp. cornmeal. Repeat procedure with remaining 2 ovals on an
- additional baking sheet lightly dusted with 1-1/2 teaspoons cornmeal. Add
- toppings and bake accorning to recipe directions.
- NOTE: If you use whole-grain cornmeal, which still contains some of the hull and
- germ of the dried corn kernel, you'll need to increase the flour to 2-1/4 cups.
- Yield: 4 servings
This recipe is a personal recipe added by dwatson and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Flatbread Dough Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes